2 Quick and Easy Recipes for Children
Cooking quick and easy recipes for children is key. However, you should never give up on a good nutritional intake. During the growth stage, it’s crucial to ensure a regular intake of essential nutrients to assure the development of the little ones and to maintain a good state of health. Otherwise, inefficiencies could be generated at a physiological level that could be harmful to their bodies.
Before we begin, we must mention that a diet, in order to be adequate, must be varied and balanced. In the case of children, this proportion can be slightly broken in order to achieve a slight surplus on an energetic level. Thanks to this, the tissues will grow optimally. However, when they reach adulthood, it’s best to bring the calories expended into line with those ingested.
Here are the best quick and easy recipes for children. It’s possible to include them regularly in the diet to meet the needs of many essential nutrients. All of them are made with fresh foods as the main ingredients.
1. Eggplant pizzas
- 1 eggplant
- Tomato sauce
- 3.5 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of cooked ham
- 2 mushrooms
- Spices to taste
- Salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise.
- Add salt on both sides and place it on a colander so that it loses water progressively. It should rest for at least 15 minutes before continuing with the recipe.
- Turn on the oven to 400 degrees and assemble the pizzas. To do this, place a few drops of oil on a baking tray.
- Dry the eggplants with paper towel to remove the moisture and arrange them on the greased tray.
- Pour a little tomato sauce over the surface of the vegetables and spread it well.
- Cover with the grated cheese, and then chop the ham and mushrooms and arrange them on top.
- Add spices to taste and cook until the cheese has melted and the volume of the eggplant has reduced. At this point, let it cool a little and serve.
Why make this recipe for children?
Eggplants are a source of high-quality antioxidants. Among all of them, anthocyanins stand out, which are compounds capable of contributing to the prevention of many chronic diseases, according to a study published in the journal Advances in Nutrition.
In addition to eggplants, blueberries and cherries are sources of such antioxidants. Therefore, all of them should be part of the nutritional diet of little ones.
2. Smoked salmon and avocado wraps
- 2 Mexican tortillas
- 100 grams of smoked salmon
- 2 avocados
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon or lime
- Salt to taste
Step by step
- Cook the eggs by simply placing them in a saucepan with boiling water and salt.
- Cool them under running water and peel them.
- Chop the onion as thinly as possible and place it in a bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
- Chop the eggs.
- Peel and cut the avocado.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl along with the spices.
- Form the wrap: To do this, place a tortilla that can be heated in a frying pan for a few minutes.
- Place the smoked salmon on the tortilla.
- Pour the mixture that was in the bowl and roll the tortilla up to close the wrap.
Why make this recipe for kids?
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. These elements have been shown to be instrumental in controlling inflammation in the internal environment and thus helping to prevent the development of health problems such as cardiovascular disease. However, many diets fail to ensure an adequate supply of these lipids.
Prepare these quick and easy recipes for children
As you’ve seen, these recipes can be prepared quickly and easily and are capable of providing a significant amount of high-quality nutrients. In addition, they have no simple sugars or trans fats inside, so they won’t negatively affect the functioning of metabolism or physiology.It might interest you...