4 Easy, Fast and Flavorful Recipes for Kids
There are lots of easy and quick recipes for kids that can help you when you need to make something fast. The important thing is that, in addition to being easy, they’re healthy and full of nutrients. That way, kids get what they need to grow and have lots of energy.
A good strategy when making food is to try and get your child’s attention, like using colors from lots of vegetables. The recipes we’re going to show you will be as pretty as they are delicious.
4 Easy and quick recipes for kids
1. Carrot Pancakes
- 6 cups of carrots
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of flour
- Peel and wash the carrots, then grate them.
- Then, place a pot with water over high heat. When it starts to boil, let the carrots sit for 15 minutes until they soften.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and sugar. Then, add the milk little by little until it forms a dough. Add the cooked and grated carrots and mix well.
- In a small pan, add some oil. When it’s hot, add tablespoons of dough until you cover the whole bottom. Leave it until the surface is no longer liquid. Then, turn it over and cook on the other side. Leave it for a few more minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Finally, to make them more attractive, you can add a sweet syrup, for example.
2. Quick chicken fajitas for children
- 6 corn or wheat tortillas
- 1.5 cups of chopped chicken
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, wash the vegetables very well. Then, cut the chicken into cubes and dice the tomatoes.
- Next, place a pan with a little oil over low heat. Then, add the chopped chicken and tomatoes and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the lettuce into thin strips.
- Place the tortilla flat to fill it. Then, add the lettuce, then the chicken and tomatoes.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips and place them on top of the chicken. Add the grated cheese on top.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Then, close the fajitas by rolling them up.
- Finally, bake the fajitas for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
3. Homemade vegetarian pizza with mozzarella cheese
- Pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of tomato pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 3 basil leaves
- Oregano to taste
- Place the pizza dough on the table, then spread the tomato sauce. To spread it, you can use a spoon or wooden ladle. You should cover most of the base.
- Then, add the mozzarella cheese. You can grate it or cut it into slices.
- Spread the slices tomatoes, covering most of the pizza dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Then, heat the pizza for 20 minutes until the cheese melts.
- When you take it out of the oven, sprinkle the basil leaves on the pizza.
4. Recipes for kids: Oatmeal with banana and chocolate for a quick breakfast
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 dash of vanilla
- Fruit pieces
- Peel the banana. Then, place it on a plate and mash it with a fork.
- Next, add the butter, cocoa and honey. Mix everything well.
- Add the milk and keep mixing.
- Then, add oatmeal flakes until homogenous. Sprinkle some vanilla to taste.
- Cover and let it stand in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Finally, heat it carefully and garnish with some fruit pieces.
As parents, creativity is a part of everyday life, especially when it comes to cooking. You can make meals with all of the nutrients children need without adding junk food.
With these easy and fast recipes for kids, you can make breakfast, lunch and snacks quickly for days when you don’t have a lot of time.