4 Desserts Your Children Will Enjoy on Special Occasions
Who doesn’t love dessert? If you want to surprise your children on a special occasion, prepare a delicious treat. If you don't know what to prepare, here's some recipes.
If you’re wondering how to prepare desserts your children will enjoy, here are four simple and quick preparations that you can share with them. Remember that the little things in life can make any day special and unforgettable.
4 desserts your children will enjoy
You can choose between these desserts using chocolate, strawberries, and cream to fill them. These preparations provide a variety of flavors that both adults and children can enjoy.
Chocolate cake with three ingredients
- 5 eggs
- 3 oz. of butter
- 10 oz. of good quality dark chocolate
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
- Cut the chocolate and butter into pieces, then melt them on low heat or in a water bath. Mix them together on a consistent basis, then remove them from the heat before boiling and let cool.
- Beat the yolks until they’re thick, add the melted chocolate slowly, and stir until you get a uniform mixture. Then, beat the egg whites until they’re stiff and mix with the previous mixture. Make sure that no white lumps remain.
- Pour the mixture into a removable round mold approximately 20 centimeters in diameter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Check it with a toothpick and take it out of the oven when the toothpick comes out dry. Be careful not to overcook the cake, and allow it to cool before taking it out of the mold. It’s normal for the cake to shrink in size.
This cake has a rich cocoa flavor. Therefore, it’s easy to combine it with other snacks, such as vanilla ice cream, berries or fresh fruits. In addition, you can serve it to your liking, cold or warm, because of the different textures.
Cookie and lemon pie
- 10 1/2 oz. of cream cheese
- 20 oz. of liquid cream to whip
- 5 oz. of glass sugar
- 2 lemons
- 42 Marie biscuits
- 1/10 oz. of vanilla extract
- Mix the cream cheese, vanilla extract, juice and lemon zest in a deep bowl. Then, add the sugar and stir to mix them all together.
- Add the whipped cream and stir until the cream becomes homogeneous, then put it in a pastry piping bag. The cream needs to be very cold. You can beat it with some electric rods or by hand.
- Put seven cookies in a serving dish in the shape of a flower. Spread a layer of lemon cream over them. Next, add seven more cookies and another layer of lemon cream. Continue adding the layers until there’s no more lemon cream left. You can decorate it to your liking.
This cake is one of the recipes you can serve on its own. However, you should bear in mind that coffee lovers love to have this dessert after dinner.
- 2 1/3 cups of confectionery flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 eggs
- Half bag of yeast
- Vanilla extract
- Butter cream
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180ºC (350ºF). Next, mix the flour with the sifted yeast and a little salt.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the eggs while stirring.
- Mix in the milk and flour little by little with the yeast and salt.
- Toss in small chopped strawberries to the mix.
- Fill the cupcake molds approximately halfway and bake for 25 minutes.
- To decorate the cupcakes, you can place Chantilly or butter cream and a whole strawberry on top of each of them.
“Chocolate cake has a rich cocoa flavor, so it is easy to combine. For example, you can serve it with vanilla ice cream, berries, or other fresh fruits.”
Tres leches cake (sponge cake)
Ingredients for the cake
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup of all use sifted flour
- 6 egg whites
For the cream
- 14 ounces of milk cream
- 6 ounces of condensed milk
- 2/3 ounces of evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of brandy
For the top layer
- 1 cup of thick cream to beat
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Beat the yolks and sugar, add the egg whites until they’re stiff, and mix with the flour.
- Place the mixture in a removable mold and put in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- For the other part, mix all the ingredients for the cream, then prick the cake to check it. Spread the cream all over the cake.
- To decorate, beat all the ingredients for the top part and spread it over the cake. You can serve right away or let it cool down. This dessert provides 12 servings.
In conclusion, it’s best to prepare desserts your children will enjoy on special occasions, so surprise them! Show them off at birthdays, family reunions, or any other kind of entertaining events!