12 Phrases About the Value of Family
Family is a treasure that must be cared for and protected. Here are some famous phrases to help you reflect on the value of family.
Babies are generally born into a family, surrounded by diverse people who are willing to care for them, protect them, and provide them with unconditional love and affection throughout their lives. This is a very valuable treasure to take care of, don’t you think? In this article, we’ll suggest some phrases so you can reflect on the importance of family.
The value of family: Why is it so important?
Family is a fundamental nucleus in today’s society and culture. This is made up of those loved ones with whom the first affective and emotional ties are established, which, normally, last forever.
In fact, family is essential in the first years of life because, without it, guaranteeing the survival of the newborn would be impossible. But, in addition, as the child grows and becomes more and more autonomous and independent, the family nucleus continues to be a basic pillar in their life.
Likewise, it’s important to note that family is essential for the optimal development of little ones, as family members act as:
- Source of support and stability.
- References and role models.
- The main educators of children: They teach and transmit certain values, habits, ways of thinking, attitudes, etc.
“The influence of the family in the process of education and in the development of children will be evident in the different evolutionary dimensions and, in turn, these characteristics acquired in each family will interconnect with external socializing contexts such as the school and peer group”.
-Gloria López and Yuherqui Guiamaro-
So, now that you’re clear about the important value of family, it’s time for you to carefully read 12 phrases related to this topic. What are you waiting for?
12 phrases about the value of family
- “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything..” Michael J. Fox.
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” Richard Bach.
- “When families are strong and stable, so are children – showing higher levels of wellbeing and more positive outcomes.” Iain Duncan Smith.
- “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” David Ogden Stiers.
- “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” Brad Henry.
- “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” Lee Lacocca.
- “I love my family members just as they are. I do not try to change anyone. There is plenty for everyone, and we bless and prosper each other.” Louise Hay.
- “The family is a haven in a heartless world.” Christopher Lasch.
- “In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future.” Alex Haley.
- “Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.” Jim Rohn.
- “Having a place to go – is a home. Having someone to love – is a family. Having both – is a blessing.” Donna Hedges.
- “The little world of childhood with its familiar surroundings is a model of the greater world. The more intensively the family has stamped its character upon the child, the more it will tend to feel and see its earlier miniature world again in the bigger world of adult life.” Carl Gustav Jung.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Gómez, E. P., Ingelmo, R. M. G., Mateos, L. M. F., & Moral-García, J. E. (2022). La importancia de la educación emocional en la familia: propuesta de trabajo para un programa para padres y madres con hijos e hijas en edad adolescente. Magister, 34, 33-44. https://reunido.uniovi.es/index.php/MSG/article/view/17472
- López, G. y Guiamaro, Y. (2015). El rol de la familia en los procesos de educación y desarrollo humano de los niños y niñas. Universidad Metropolitana. p: 1-30.