3 Educational Apps for Children
Today, you can find many educational apps for children. In this article, we recommend three of them.
In this digital age, ICT (information and communications technology) can be considered ideal pedagogic tools for teaching children. Below, we suggest some educational apps that allow children to train certain cognitive abilities such as reasoning, attention, memory, visual-spatial intelligence, and reading speed, among others.
We should note that new generations are born surrounded by electronic devices. If children use these apps properly, they can be very beneficial for their development.
“We need technology in every classroom and in every student and teacher’s hand, because it is the pen and paper of our time, and it is the lens through which we experience much of our world.”
– David Warlick –
3 educational apps for children
Smile and Learn
Smile and Learn is an educational app for children ages 3 to 12. It contains 5,000 activities organized in six areas of knowledge:
Thus, it allows children to practice and develop different intellectual abilities and cognitive skills (listening, language, attention, creativity, and social skills, among others), while they have fun playing.
In addition, it’s an inclusive application because the activities can be adapted to the special needs of each child and how they learn.
Another advantage of this app is that it records progress in the various tasks and gives educational recommendations. Therefore, parents or teachers can take advantage of this very useful feature.
Finally, we should note that Smile and Learn doesn’t contain advertising. However, if you don’t pay the monthly or annual subscription, access to games and activities will be limited.
Kids Logic Land Adventure
Kids Logic Land Adventure is one of the best educational apps. It stars a boy named Jack and a girl named Alice. The goal of this game is to help these two characters find hidden treasures in five different islands.
In each of these islands, the characters have to pass a series of tests, such as:
- Guess how someone sees a shape from a specific perspective
- Continue a sequence of images
- Complete Sudoku puzzles
- Find the odd shape among many shapes
- Indicate how many elements make up a certain shape
- Search for similar images
These tasks train logical reasoning, math skills, visual-spatial intelligence, memory, and attention in children six to eight years old.
Memory & Attention Training for Kids
Memory & Attention Training for Kids is an educational app for children four to seven years old that can help them develop:
- Visual and working memory. Useful for processing diagrams, graphs, charts, images, and patterns, improve reading speed, and making fewer mistakes when it comes to reading and writing.
- Attention span. Helps to improve observation, concentration, and impulse control.
This app includes seven games or activities:
- Find all the objects that have been previously displayed on the screen.
- Match each animal with the corresponding number, remembering the numbers that were previously assigned.
- Mark the numbers listed in a table in ascending order.
- Mark all the similar images.
- Match cards.
- Memorize the location order of a number of colors on a palette.
- Press a button to select a central image that’s the same as the example.
Each of these games has four levels, meaning that the difficulty of the tasks can be adapted to the child’s age and stage of development.