13 Famous Quotes to Celebrate Father’s Day
Father’s Day is celebrated on different dates of the year, depending on the country. On this date, people honor the father figure, as well as the love, affection, and attention children receive from their fathers throughout the year.
In this article, we’ve listed 13 famous quotes to celebrate this amazing day. It’s important for fathers to feel recognized for the work they do as caregivers and educators.
It’s true that we should value Father’s Day every day. But it’s also beautiful and special for there to be a specific date on the calendar in which fathers are the main protagonists of the celebration.
The bond between fathers and children
Many people talk about the affective bonds created between mothers and children. However, the father figure is usually left in the background. But the emotional bond between fathers and children is just as important for their development.
Today, in most homes, education and parenting are equally divided between both parents. Therefore, both fathers and mothers are primarily responsible for providing their children the care, protection, and support they need.
In order to praise and recognize all the efforts that fathers make for their children, in many countries, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
On this day, it’s common for the whole family to get together to honor the parental figure. A good idea is for children to make a card or draw a picture and add a heartfelt message to it. For this, they can use some of the 13 famous quotes we recommend below to celebrate Father’s Day. It’s a beautiful, simple, and very emotional gesture!
13 famous quotes to celebrate Father’s Day
- “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Mathew L. Jacobson.
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” – Émile Gaboriau
- “The hero’s dream is to be big everywhere and small next to his father.” – Victor Hugo.
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine Francois Prevost
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
- “A father is not the one who gives life, that would be too easy, a father is the one who gives love.” – Denis Lord.
- “Of all the titles I’ve been privileged to have, ‘Dad’ has always been the best.” – Ken Norton
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “What makes you a man is not the ability to have a child—any fool can have a child. That’s doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” – Barack Obama.
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him—or leave him for your own home—it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” – Margaret Truman.
- “Whenever I need advice or someone to just listen, Dad is always the man. The confidence he has in me is terrifying and encouraging all at the same time.” – Asha Patrick.
- “Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it.” – Mike Myers.