Ideas for a European Babymoon: Destinations and Benefits
Today, we’ll suggest ideas for an unforgettable European babymoon and we’ll also tell you the benefits of this practice when it comes to strengthening family ties. If you’re pregnant, you can’t miss this opportunity to enjoy this magnificent stage with the father of your child or with your friends.
There are already many moms who decide to go on a romantic and relaxing getaway before giving birth. So, what do you think of the idea?
Plan an unforgettable European babymoon with these ideas
According to research published in the Journal of Tourism Management, a babymoon is one of the hottest trends in travel today. In fact, the market for wellness vacations is growing exponentially in the wake of its benefits.
So, if you decide you want to join in on this trend, it’s best to make the getaway during the second trimester of pregnancy, especially before 28 weeks. One of the main reasons is that initial symptoms tend to improve at this stage and the other is that you still don’t feel so heavy and uncomfortable.
At the same time, when it comes to traveling by plane, some airlines recommend avoiding travel in the later stages.
All trips are rewarding, but this one, in particular, provides certain benefits:
- Strengthening the bond between the couple
- Helps improve self-esteem
- Promotes relaxation, something that, according to experts, is essential in order to prepare for childbirth
Destinations and original ideas for a European babymoon
Depending on what kind of experience you’re looking for, we’ve made a list of different types of lodging as well as some great destinations. Remember that before you take any flights, you need the endorsement of your obstetrician.
- Bubble Hotels: Right now, staying in a bubble prepared like a hotel room is a popular trend. Without a doubt, it’s a perfect idea to sleep under the stars with all the comforts of a hotel.
- Cabins: If you’re looking for something in a forest setting, we recommend opting for a cabin in Galicia or Asturias (Spain), with a fireplace, a good fire, and spectacular romantic dinners.
- Spas: These are a simple but perfect option to relax as a couple or with friends while getting pampered.
Great getaway destinations for your European babymoon
- Valle del Jerte (Extremadura, Spain): We recommend especially recommend this destination between March and May so you can enjoy the first cherry blossoms and visit the most well-known places in the area. In addition, you can walk through the Yuste Monastery, a very special place where water and vegetation come together.
- Santillana del Mar (Cantabria, Spain): This town’s cobbled medieval streets give way to artisan workshops and invite you to taste delicious sponge cakes, the most popular snack in the town.
- Llanes (Asturias): Between the months of October and November, the fog that covers Llanes and its beaches invite you to stay in a rural house. So, you can enjoy the vegetation between a fire and the smell of wet wood.
Getaways grade 3
- Lanzarote (Canary Islands): A warm environment where nature and art go hand in hand, where the food tastes of the sea and the countryside and where you can enjoy one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
- Loire Valley (France): Recognized as “the garden of France”, its castles combined with its vineyards create an unforgettable artistic site for couples in love.
- Rome (Italy): What better way than to welcome a new member of the family, than with a thank you in the capital of the Old Roman Empire?
- Florence (Italy): Don’t miss going on a date in Tuscany. Dante and Leonardo da Vinci are just some of the characters that receive the arrival of travelers to introduce them into their stories. Florence, the cradle of culture, is renowned for its statues, its music, and its paintings on every street. Without a doubt, a place to be inspired and to catch your breath.
Don’t miss one of the best moments of your life with these ideas for a European babymoon
We hope that these babymoon ideas have convinced you and that you do not waste a second to enjoy this stage.
Going on a getaway allows you to see new things or simply to disconnect and regain strength for what’s to come. Of course, we recommend that you consult with your gynecologist regarding each step you’re going to take. And, of course, make your getaway without excesses and with the proper care for your health.
Now there’s only the last step… Are you ready?It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Fierro EM. IDEAS para un BABYMOON: destinos, actividades y beneficios [Internet]. Parabebes.com. Parabebes.com; 2021 [citado 14 de septiembre de 2021]. Disponible en: https://www.parabebes.com/ideas-para-un-babymoon-destinos-actividades-y-beneficios-5070.html
- Gabor MR, Oltean FD. Babymoon tourism between emotional well-being service for medical tourism and niche tourism. Development and awareness on Romanian educated women. Tour Manag. 2019;70:170-5. Disponible en: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0261517718301778?via%3Dihub
- lbarrera. Babymoon: ideas para las últimas vacaciones antes del parto [Internet]. Embarazo10.com. 2018 [citado 14 de septiembre de 2021]. Disponible en: https://embarazo10.com/babymoon/
- Nereu Bjorn MB, Neves de Jesus S, Casado Morales MI. Estrategias de relajación durante el período de gestación. Beneficios para la salud. Clin Salud. 2013;24(2):77-83. Disponible en: https://doi.org/10.5093/cl2013a9
- Ortega L. Babymoon: qué es y por qué te recomendamos tener uno [Internet]. Bebesymas.com. Bebés y más; 2020 [citado 14 de septiembre de 2021]. Disponible en: https://www.bebesymas.com/embarazo/babymoon-que-que-te-recomendamos-tener-uno