2 Healthy and Easy Pasta Recipes
Easy pasta recipes can be included in the context of a varied and balanced diet for almost anyone. They’re a good source of carbohydrates, key nutrients when it comes to ensuring the genesis of energy in high-intensity sports contexts. Therefore, it’s important to ensure their consumption to achieve good performance and avoid fatigue.
Here, we’re going to show you a series of healthy and easy pasta recipes that you can prepare at home to enjoy with the members of your family. They’re usually liked by everyone and provide essential nutrients of good quality.
1. Lentil pasta with cherry tomatoes
- 6.5 oz of red lentil flour paste
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small fresh chili pepper
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook the red lentil pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cut the process with cold water and mix with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Chop the garlic clove, julienne the spring onion, and remove the seeds from the chili.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put olive oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables until lightly browned and sauté.
- Add the pasta, stir well, and serve with pepper, oregano, and basil to taste.
- Grate some cheese on top to finish.
Why make this recipe?
Legume pasta contains a good amount of protein, which is essential to ensure proper muscle function and to prevent the development of diseases such as sarcopenia. This is evidenced by research published in the journal BioMed Research International.
2. Pasta with cauliflower cream, spinach, and mushrooms
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A bunch of spinach
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of mushrooms
- 1/4 white onion
- 14 ounces of pasta
- Black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into small sprouts.
- Wash the spinach and cook the cauliflower in a pot with garlic and salt for 15 minutes.
- Put the cauliflower with garlic, spinach, basil, zest, and juice of one lemon in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cut the mushrooms and sauté them with oil in a frying pan. At this point, add the onion until translucent. In 5 minutes, they’ll be ready.
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions and combine with the mushrooms.
- Pour the sauce over the top and season to taste.
Why make this recipe?
Cauliflower is one of the vegetables with the highest amount of antioxidants that can be found. According to a study published in the journal Frontiers in Pharmacology , regular consumption of cruciferous vegetables is associated with a lower incidence of chronic and complex diseases. With this pasta dish, we can take advantage of all its properties.
Cook healthy and easy pasta recipes
As you’ve seen, it’s possible to cook different healthy and easy pasta recipes to enjoy with your family. These provide high-quality nutrients and phytochemicals that will help prevent the development of complex diseases. Of course, you should always prioritize pasta made of whole wheat flour or legumes, as they’re of higher quality.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Martone AM, Marzetti E, Calvani R, et al. Exercise and Protein Intake: A Synergistic Approach against Sarcopenia. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2672435. doi:10.1155/2017/2672435
- Connolly EL, Sim M, Travica N, et al. Glucosinolates From Cruciferous Vegetables and Their Potential Role in Chronic Disease: Investigating the Preclinical and Clinical Evidence. Front Pharmacol. 2021;12:767975. Published 2021 Oct 26. doi:10.3389/fphar.2021.767975