15 Quotes on the Beautiful Experience of Being a Mother
Do you want to know famous quotes on the wonderful experience of being a mother? Below, we’ll share 15 of them.
The decision to become a mother is one of the most important a woman can make. This is because it not only involves bringing a new being into the world but it also entails a 180-degree life change and dedicating a lot of time to child-rearing. Although it involves many sacrifices, it’s definitely worth it.
If you’re a mother or you’re going to become one soon, we’re sure you’ll feel identified with most of these quotes. What are you waiting for? Read them!
What does it mean to be a mother?
The conception of motherhood has changed over the years. In fact, today, it’s considered a choice and not an obligation.
However, there’s something that, despite the passage of time, all mothers recognize. It’s that, when a child is born, everything else takes a back seat and the most important thing becomes the child’s well-being and happiness.
Thus, according to doctor and director of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human (NICHD), Alan E. Guttmacher, the basic things a mother must do is:
- Appropriately respond to the child.
- Provide care and unconditional love.
- Prevent risky behaviors or problems before they occur.
- Monitor the child’s relationships with the world around them.
- Guide the child to carrying out socially accepted behaviors.
- Serve as a role model and be a consistent and positive example for the child.
For all these reasons, a mother will always be a fundamental pillar in the child’s life. In fact, the following quotes we’re going to share with you reflect this reality. They’re all related to the experience of being a mother!
15 quotes on the beautiful experience of being a mother
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. You are connected to your child and to all those who touch your lives. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” – Erich Fromm
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Dorthy Canfield Fisher
- “My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better person it makes you on a daily basis.” – Drew Barrymore
- “I’ve never had more appreciation for anyone in my entire life until I became a mom.” – Chrissy Teigen
- “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” – Meryl Streep
- “Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What’s that supposed to mean? In my heart, it doesn’t mean a thing.” – Toni Morrison
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” –Victor Hugo
- “A Mother’s love is something that no one can explain. It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain. It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may. For nothing can destroy it or take that love away.” – Helen Rice
- “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new… and so in you the child your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” – Osho
- “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Guttmacher, A. E. (2006) ¿Qué significa ser padres? Guía para ayudarles a tener éxito como padres y madres de familia. Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos de los Estados Unidos: Instituto Nacional de la Salud infantil y Desarrollo Humano Eunice Kennedy Shriver. https://www.nichd.nih.gov/sites/default/files/publications/pubs/documents/que_significa_ser_padres_espanol.pdf
- Oiberman, A. J. (2005). Historia de las madres en occidente: repensar la maternidad. Universidad de Palermo. https://ri.conicet.gov.ar/handle/11336/111258
- Delassus J.M. (1998). Devenir mère.Histoire secrète de la maternité. Paris: Dunod. https://books.google.es/books/about/Devenir_m%C3%A8re.html?id=lFgJLAAACAAJ&redir_esc=y