Cold Soups and Creams to Beat the Summer Heat
When the summer arrives, we usually prefer cold meals. Even though salads are the most common choices, cold soups and creams are very useful to beat the heat. By preparing them, you’ll be hydrating yourself while combining several ingredients.
Tips to prepare cold soups and creams to beat the summer heat
The difference between a cream and a soup is the consistency. Besides, you can combine almost any ingredient when preparing both of them. However, it’s very important to combine those ingredients properly in order to obtain tasty, attractive food. The following are more important aspects to take into account:
- First, sauté different vegetables, such as garlic, onion, leek and celery. You can even use carrots. Do it in the same pot, using a splash of oil.
- Use water or broth. If you use broth, remove the fat.
- Finally, add some herbs and condiments when everything is cooked or golden.
- As for creams, use potatoes, legumes or apple to soften the preparation. On the contrary, when preparing a soup, you can grind some vegetables.
- If you want to add meat to the soup, try to do it almost at the end of the preparation. However, you should add the fish once you turn the stove off. This way, it’ll cook with the remaining heat.
- Decorate using fresh herbs, olive oil, seeds, toasted legumes, chopped eggs, yogurt or leafy greens.
Cold soups and creams to beat the summer heat
Corn and tomato soup
- 2.2 pounds of ripe tomatoes.
- 1.6 pounds of corn.
- 1 onion.
- 4-5 shrimps.
- 2 spoons of vinegar.
- Virgin olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
First of all, wash the tomatoes and dry them. Then, mark a cross with a knife and boil them for two or three minutes. Next, dry the tomatoes and peel them, once they’re cold.
In the meantime, fry the onion with olive oil in a pot. Then, grate the tomato and add it to the onions. Wait until the water from the tomato evaporates and add the corn. Next, add the broth and wait until it starts boiling. Add the salt, continue cooking it for five more minutes. Wait until it cools down and take it to the fridge.
Finally, sauté the shrimps, and use them to decorate the soup before serving it.
Apricot, strawberry, and mint soup
- 12 apricots.
- 5-6 strawberries.
- Fresh mint.
First of all, wash all the fruit with water, and if possible, use edible bleach, too. Then, cut the apricots in half and remove the pits. Next, remove the leaves from the strawberries and cut them into quarters. Add all the ingredients (excluding the mint) to the blender and mix them until they’re all integrated. Finally, pour the soup into bowls and decorate it with mint leaves.
Avocado and yogurt cold cream
- 2 avocados.
- 1 Golden or Granny Smith apple.
- 1 lime.
- 2 natural yogurts (cow’s milk or soy milk).
- 16 ounces of water.
- Chia seeds.
- Salt to taste.
First of all, peel the avocados and remove their pits. Then, cut them in half. Put them in the blender with lime juice. This way, you’ll prevent the avocados from oxidizing while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Then, wash the apples and cut them into quarters, and remove the seeds. Finally, add the apples, the yogurt, the water and the salt to the blender.
Mix everything and leave the preparation in the fridge for four to five hours. When you serve it, decorate the soup with chia seeds.
Chickpeas and carrots cold cream
- 4.5 ounces of leeks.
- 14 ounces of carrots.
- 14 ounces of cooked chickpeas.
- 2.5 cups of vegetables broth.
- A quarter of an onion.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
First of all, wash the leeks and the carrots to remove all the dirt. Dry the leeks and cut them into small pieces. Then boil them in a pot with the carrots and the vegetables broth. Once they’re cooked, place them in the blender and add the chickpeas and the salt and pepper. Mix everything until it becomes an homogenous cream. Put the preparation in the fridge for a few hours or until the next day.
Before removing the soup from the fridge, peel and cut the onions in strips. Then, sauté the onions with oil and use them to decorate the soup before serving it.
About cold soups and creams to beat the summer heat
As you’ve been able to discover, cold soups and creams are very easy to make. Furthermore, you can prepare numerous combinations of ingredients. In fact, these are the perfect meals to be well hydrated during the summer. What are you waiting for to try these recipes?It might interest you...