2 Easy-to-Prepare Vegetarian Recipes for Children
Today, we’re going to show you some vegetarian recipes for children that can be prepared at home quickly and easily. This way, you can improve the contribution of antioxidants and micronutrients in their diet, something really beneficial for the health of your little ones. In addition, getting them used to vegetables from the first stages of life will prevent many rejections in the future.
Before starting, it’s important to emphasize the need to guarantee a daily consumption of at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables. It’s best to reach up to 5, as this will reduce the incidence of chronic and complex diseases over the years. And also, it promotes the good functioning of the intestine and the body in general.
Take note and start cooking today!
1. Eggplants stuffed with rice and vegetables
Are the warm months coming and you don’t know what to cook that’s delicious, complete, and simple to make? Relax, because this recipe meets all your expectations.
- 4 large eggplants
- 3 cups of rice
- 9 ounces of mushrooms
- 1 cup of fried tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper and salt (for children over one year old)
Step by step instructions
- First, clean the eggplants with a damp cloth and cut them lengthwise.
- Remove the pulp from the inside with a knife and set aside.
- Then, put water in a pot, and when it comes to a boil, add the rice and a little salt.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes and drain.
- The next step consists of chopping the eggplant pulp together with the mushrooms and onion.
- Sauté these vegetables in a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil until they release all their liquid. It’s important to stir so as not to let them burn.
- Once this is done, add the drained rice together with the tomato sauce, seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- After a couple of minutes of cooking, fill the eggplant shells with this preparation and bake them at 200 degrees for 10 minutes, with heat on both sides.
- After the time, serve with grated cheese on top.
Why include this dish in your children’s diet?
This delicious and complete recipe manages to provide a significant amount of fiber, a food substance that has been shown to prevent constipation and other intestinal transit problems. And in this way, it favors integral health and prevents the development of chronic and complete diseases in the future.
2. Pear tart
If you are in the opposite hemisphere and want a rich, nutritious and healthy recipe for a cold autumn afternoon, you will love this option.
- 3 ripe pears
- 3 cups of plant-based milk
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 5 tablespoons cornflour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A stick of vanilla
Step by step instructions
- Start by greasing a baking pan with margarine, then cover it with the puff pastry.
- Prick this dough with a fork and fold the edges inward.
- At the same time, wash the pears and cut them into medium-sized pieces.
- Add a little lemon juice to them and place them in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to prevent them from turning brown.
- Next, place half a cup of plant-based milk on the heat with sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Once it’s simmering, add the rest of the drink with the cornflour. This mixture is added while stirring to avoid burning or lumps.
- Once it boils, remove it from the heat.
- To finish, remove the cinnamon and vanilla, place the mixture on the puff pastry, and put the pieces of pears on top.
- Bake the result at 350 degrees with heat on both sides until golden brown on the surface.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Why include this dish in the children’s diet?
Within the world of baking, there are a number of recipes that are healthy, as long as they’re consumed in moderation and are included in the context of a varied and balanced diet.
An example of this is the pear tart, as it manages to provide a good dose of soluble fiber, a key element for the health of the microbiota, as stated in a research published in Nutrients.
Prepare vegetarian recipes for children at home
As you’ve seen, it’s easy to prepare different types of vegetarian recipes for children at home. You don’t need a lot of ingredients, time, or money to get an excellent and very nutritious result. The ones we’ve shown you today can be part of a balanced diet for any child.
However, remember that in order to maintain a good state of health over the years, it’s not enough just to take care of your diet. You need to carry out a series of appropriate habits and maintain them over time, such as good rest, physical activity outdoors, and a calm environment at home.It might interest you...