Oreo Cookie Cheesecake: Ideal for Children's Birthdays
Oreo cookie cheesecake is ideal for celebrating children’s birthdays. It’s easy to prepare and the result is excellent organoleptically. Therefore, today we’re going to give you a recipe that you have to try because once you prepare it, your little ones will love it.
How to prepare the Oreo cookie cheesecake?
Before we start, we must emphasize that the consumption of cakes, desserts, and sweets must be occasional. As a general rule, it’s important to prioritize in children’s diet fresh foods that are of high nutritional density. They provide everything that the body needs to develop its functions efficiently.
Sugar-containing foods should be consumed in moderation, as they could affect health in the medium and long term. Having said all this, get to work and prepare the special cake!
To make a delicious Oreo cheesecake, you’ll need the following products:
- 22 classic Oreo cookies
- 7 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 yogurt
- 7 ounces grams of white chocolate
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- 20 grams of butter
- One dark chocolate bar
Step by step instructions
- First, crush all the Oreo cookies. To do this, it’s best to put them in a plastic bag and pass a rolling pin over them.
- Then, mix the cookies with 20 grams of melted butter. Next, place the result on a cake pan so that it remains as a base for the preparation.
- Soak the gelatine sheets and mix with the natural yogurt. Once they’re well-hydrated, set them aside.
- From here, you should proceed by heating the cream cheese in a saucepan to then incorporate it into the previous mixture.
- Once you’ve reached this point, add the white chocolate so that it melts little by little. Don’t stop stirring at this point.
- To continue, pour the mixture over the cookie base arranged in the container and the result is placed in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- All that remains is to prepare the decoration. To do this, cut the dark chocolate bar into shavings and mix with more crushed Oreo cookies. Sprinkle all this on top of the cake just before serving. Your Oreo cookie cheesecake is ready!
Considerations related to the intake of sweet cakes
This Oreo cookie cheesecake is delicious, but it has a high amount of added sugars. For this reason, it should be consumed only occasionally, as the regular presence of these elements in the diet of children could favor the development of metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
It’s worth mentioning that one of the key foods in this dessert is chocolate, and in this case, you can opt for different sources of cocoa. Keep in mind that this food provides several benefits to the body, but it’s key to opt for those with a low percentage of sugar.
Prepare an Oreo cookie cheesecake at home
As you’ve seen, Oreo cookie cheesecake is easy to prepare and requires only a few ingredients. It’s very well accepted by little ones, so it will be ideal for special occasions.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Yoshida, Y., & Simoes, E. J. (2018). Sugar-Sweetened Beverage, Obesity, and Type 2 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents: Policies, Taxation, and Programs. Current diabetes reports, 18(6), 31. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11892-018-1004-6
- Kirwan, J. P., Sacks, J., & Nieuwoudt, S. (2017). The essential role of exercise in the management of type 2 diabetes. Cleveland Clinic journal of medicine, 84(7 Suppl 1), S15–S21. https://doi.org/10.3949/ccjm.84.s1.03