4 Recipes Rich in Zinc to Add to Your Meals
Research shows that it's important to add minerals like zinc into your daily diet. To gain health benefits, there are lots of recipes rich in zinc. Here are four!
Vitamins and minerals are crucial to staying healthy. Therefore, in this article, we’ll show you some delicious recipes that are rich in zinc.
Although your body doesn’t need a whole lot of zinc, this mineral is vital to maintaining your sense of smell, strengthening your immune system, triggering enzymes and forming DNA. It also contributes to other parts of your health, like sight, taste, hair and skin, as well as being a powerful antioxidant.
Research also shows that zinc decreases symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, as well as helping babies grow. However, not having enough of this mineral can cause diarrhea, stunted growth, loss of appetite, hair loss, eye and skin lesions, and worsened immunity.
The best way to guarantee that you have enough of this mineral is to incorporate foods and recipes rich in zinc into your daily diet. Do you know which foods contain it?
Foods rich in zinc
These food groups provide a great dose of zinc to your daily diet:
- Cereals: Bran, whole grain and multigrain cereals.
- Meats: Beef, pork, chicken and turkey.
- Seafood: Crabs, oysters, lobsters and mussels.
- Pumpkin seeds and fruits like pomegranates and avocados.
- Berries in general: Raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries.
- Other varied foods: Dates, dark chocolate, spinach, mushrooms, and yogurt. Also, nuts like walnuts, pine nuts, almonds, peanuts, and hazelnuts.
4 Recipes rich in zinc
Cold cream of beet and yogurt
- 2 chicken carcasses (100 g)
- 1 onion (40 g)
- 2 medium carrots (70 g)
- 2 cups of fresh beets, cubed (250 g)
- 1 leek (30 g)
- 2 cups of natural yogurt (400 ml)
- 1 sprig of parsley (10 g)
- 1 turnip (30 g)
- Firstly, prepare a broth, cook the chicken carcasses in 2 liters of water with the vegetables cut into cubes. Cook it until it reduces, then strain and set aside.
- Cook the beets in salted water until they’re soft.
- Then, add the vegetable broth and beets to a blender until they form a cream.
- Then, add the yogurt and salt. After, refrigerate it.
- Finally, serve it cold, and garnish with a spoonful of yogurt and parsley.
Cookies with dark chocolate
- 1 egg (30 g)
- 1 cup of flour (120 g)
- 3/5 cup of sugar (150 g)
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate (170 g)
- 1/2 cup of butter (120 g)
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Firstly, in a bowl, mix the butter and sugar. Mix it well until you have a smooth and creamy substance.
- Then, add the egg and a pinch of salt, mix, and set aside.
- Afterward, in another bowl, add the flour, yeast and chopped dark chocolate.
- Then, add the first mixture and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Then, on a baking tray, use a spoon to make balls of dough, and place them 2 inches apart.
- Finally, bake them for 15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
“Not having enough zinc can cause diarrhea, stunted growth, loss of appetite, hair loss, eye and skin lesions, and worsened immunity.”
Portobello mushrooms with spinach filling
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (60 g)
- Garlic, oil and parsley dressing
- 1/4 cup of chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (10 g)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 200 g of grated parmesan cheese
- First of all, preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and finely chop them.
- Then, remove the insides of the mushrooms.
- Afterward, combine the chopped mushroom stems with the dressing.
- Then, cook the remaining dressing on high heat. Add the stems, peppers, garlic and spinach. Leave it for five minutes over medium heat.
- Then, on a baking tray, place the mushrooms, fill them and sprinkle them with plenty of parmesan cheese.
- Finally, bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes or until tender.
Oysters au gratin
- 6 oysters
- 1 cup of fish broth (200 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of white wine (40 ml)
- 1 spoonful of whipped cream (10 ml)
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 spoonful of caviar (15 g)
- Firstly, open the oysters and cook them in water and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Then, place the shells in salt, in a bowl.
- Afterward, reduce the broth in half, add the white wine, and thicken.
- Then, add the whipped cream and cook over medium heat. However, don’t let it boil.
- Add the pepper.
- Finally, cover the oysters with the sauce, and brown until golden.
You can add whatever you’d like to the oysters au gratin. It’s a good idea to add a little grated cheese and butter to get a good golden brown. Finally, sprinkle with caviar and fresh parsley.
With these recipes rich in zinc, you’ll make sure that your whole family has this important mineral in their diet. Do you want to try them at home?
, [336, 280]], 'div-gpt-ad-generic_box_lower') .setTargeting('red', ['false']) .setTargeting('section', ['7']).setTargeting('domain', ['youaremom.com']).setTargeting('url', ['/recipes/recipes-rich-in-zinc/']) .setTargeting('topic', ['recipes']) .setTargeting('tags', ['health', 'parenting', 'recipes']).setTargeting('marfeeltype', [getMrfP()]).setCollapseEmptyDiv(true, true) .addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.enableServices(); googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-generic_box_lower'); });