Make Fun Animal Crafts With Cardstock
Making fun animal crafts with paper is a perfect way to spend time with your family and get into the world of nature.
Are you looking for ideas for this weekend? If that’s the case, here we have the perfect plan for you. Grab some scissors, glue, cardstock, and get to work!
The whale, one of the noblest paper animals
Do your children love the ocean, the summer, or the pool? If so, then try teaching them to make a whale out of homemade materials.
According to experts at the World Wildlife Fund, these cetaceans are the largest animals in the world. So look for a huge piece of blue cardstock.
- Cut an arc across the width and draw the eyes and mouth at one end.
- Glue another piece of blue cardstock of the same size underneath, to simulate the belly of the animal.
- Once you have the body, cut out a triangle to make the tail and give its edges a rounded shape.
- Finally, use toilet paper or napkin cutouts to simulate the spout of water and glue it to the top of the arch.
Little ones enjoy watching birds fly when they go for a walk. If their colorful feathers catch your children’s eye, then these paper birds will be the perfect stimulus to help them learn to classify them.
- You only need a strip of cardstock, which you must fold like a fan so that it’s in the shape of a circular medallion.
- Once the two ends are attached, glue them together and tape them together in the center.
- Cut cardstock to make the beak, eyes, and wings.
- Glue them to the locket and voila!
Now you can enjoy your walk indoors with these cute birds!
A funny crocodile
This wild animal couldn’t be easier to make! Pay attention to the steps because you only need scissors, a little glue, and green cardstock.
- Cut a circle out of green cardstock and fold it in half.
- On the top that’s folded, make some cuts in the shape of inverted triangles. These will be the scales of the animal.
- Once this is done, glue on a mouth with some teeth, some legs, and some eyes.
Easy bunnies, one of the most beautiful paper animals
Are you thinking of giving a gift? Is it almost Easter? In any case, we’ll teach you how to make fun colored bunnies to brighten up any space in your home that you want.
- Cut four straight strips of cardstock paper and join them together in the center. You have to have an eight-pointed star.
- Then, join the ends of the strips so that you have a kind of ball. This will be the body of the rabbit.
- Repeat the same process with four smaller straight strips, to make the head of the animal.
- Join the two balls with the glue (as if it were a snowman) and cut out two elongated ears to place on the head.
- Lastly, don’t forget to add the eyes, nose, and teeth!
Now that you’ve seen how easy it is to do, what are you waiting for to try it yourself?
A slithery snake
If you’ve just read the story or watched the movie The Jungle Book, learn how to create a paper snake like the one that fought with little Mowgli.
- To do it, you just have to choose two pieces of cardstock of different colors, cut them into strips, and join them as if they were rings.
- Repeat this until the animal is the length you want.
- Then cut out a triangle to make the head and glue it to the last ring.
- Add a tongue, two eyes, and voila!
Read also: 3 Crafts About the Seasons of the Year
The value of the little things with fun animal crafts
Terrestrial, aquatic, or aerial animals. Making any of these fun animal crafts with cardstock is a great great way to spend time with the family.
In addition, as research by the Minuto de Dios University Corporation suggests, young children learn best about living things through crafts. Likewise, they enhance their knowledge and creativity with these activities.
What are you waiting for to get down to work and create your own animal farm?It might interest you...